Sunday, March 24, 2013

Thankful for a Terrific Mentor Teacher

     This week was spirit week at the school.  Tuesday was celebrity and cartoon character day.  The students and staff had the opportunity to defy the dress code and be someone different for the day.  There was an anime character, a baseball player, a rapper, superheroes, and a Duck Dynasty reality show personality flocking our classroom.  I tried my best to dress up as a boy band singer that the girls in our class greatly admire.  I thought that the students would think it was funny- especially since I am a girl.  Our mentor teacher dressed up as a ninja turtle.  The kids went crazy with excitement over her costume.  Not just the kids in our classroom, but several of the kids at the school.  I just wanted to take the time this week in this post to recognizer her too.  She is not afraid to act silly or dress up if it makes the kids happy.  She is also a great teacher.  She is a real inspiration of how a teacher should be.  She creates a comfortable and fun environment in her classroom and loves her students.  It amazes me how much respect she is given from the students and the staff.  I hope to not be afraid to get into character and participate in fun events, like spirit week, at my future school.  I hope that I gain at least half of the amount of respect and admiration that my mentor teacher has earned.  I can see the impact that my mentor teacher has on the lives of the students that she teaches and passes in the hall each day, as well as the people that she works with.  I hope to be able to do the same when I officially become an educator.      

No comments:

Post a Comment